19 Amazing Health Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil For Pain, Anxiety & Cancer Plus Side Effects!
Here are 10 health benefits of CBD oil that are backed by scientific evidence.
1. May Reduce Acne Acne is a common skin condition that affects more than 9% of the population It is thought to be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, bacteria, underlying inflammation and the overproduction of sebum, an oily secretion made by sebaceous glands in the skin.
CBD oil may help treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to reduce sebum production. One test-tube study found that CBD oil prevented sebaceous gland cells from secreting excessive sebum. This has been backed up by other studies.
2 Natural pain reliever Among the top uses of CBD is to manage chronic pain diseases like arthritis. Over the counter pain, killers have harmful effects such as liver damage and are thus unsuitable for prolonged use.
This is why many chronic pain patients are opting to shift to alternative medicine for hope. The compounds in the natural oil evoke effects thus providing quick relief from inflammation and pain.
3. Reduces Anxiety and Depression According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, depression affects 6% and anxiety affects 18% of the U.S. population each year. Research shows that CBD oil can help with both.
CBD has been shown to reduce levels of stress and anxiety in those suffering from conditions such as PTSD, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
4. Fights Cancer CBD oil’s role in cancer treatment still needs more research, but what is available is looking promising. According to the American Cancer Society, CBD oil can slow the growth and spread of some kinds of cancer (in animals).
Because it fights oxidative stress and inflammation (and both are linked to cancer) it makes sense that CBD oil could help fight cancer cells.
5. Improves Heart Health A healthy diet and lifestyle is a top priority for heart health, but CBD oil can also help. According to research cannabidiol reduces artery blockage, reduces stress-induced cardiovascular response, and can reduce blood pressure. It may also reduce cholesterol.
6 Promotes bone growth and healing In a past study on rats, rats with daily CBD uptake healed up to 40% faster than those which didn’t. Another study relating to the effects of Cannabidiol on bone healing concluded that ligands found in Cannabidiol regulated bone mass.
7 Cannabidiol May Lower Diabetes Risk Although marijuana use is known to increase appetite and calorie intake, it has been linked to lower BMI, less obesity, and reduced chance of diabetes [R]. In one study (observational) of 4,657 adult men and women, past and current marijuana users had lower fasting glucose and insulin levels (by 16%), lower waist circumference and BMI, lower insulin resistance (by 18%), and higher HDL.
Since all these factors are connected to the onset of diabetes, marijuana seems to offer protection [R].
8) Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms Cannabinoids may relieve symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS). In a study (open-label) of 66 patients with MS and chronic pain, a combination of CBD and THC reduced pain over 2 years.
The patients determined the dosage by themselves, taking as much as they felt was needed to alleviate the pain [R]. A combination of CBD and THC helped with muscle tightness, pain, sleep disturbances, and bladder control in 189 people with multiple sclerosis over 6 weeks (DB-RCT).
9 Calms Childhood Epilepsy CBD has anti-seizure properties that have been shown to successfully treat drug-resistant children who have epilepsy (with no side effects!).
In one study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, CBD decreased the frequency of seizures by 23 percentage points more than those taking a placebo.
10. Reduces Inflammation Chronic inflammation is a huge problem in our society that contributes to many non-infectious diseases including heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, autoimmune disease, and more, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information. Res